Toasted Honey Nut Granola Parfait
It has been a while since I worked on a healthy recipe and I think everyone will be happy with this seeing that swimsuit season is basically here. As some might know, my go-to snack is granola because it's very filling and has is a tasty source of fiber and whole grains. I'm a huge fan of parfaits and because it's a combination of my favorite things but I wanted to alter the simple recipe a bit. To add some pizazz to the recipe I decided to toast the granola. I know you're probably thinking that doesn't seem like it'll make a big difference but I promise, you won't regret taking that extra step. I used the Honey Nut granola from Sweet Home Farm, and toasting it majorly enhanced the flavor and mad it even yummier. The prep time for this parfait recipe is about 5 minutes so it's perfect if you're short on time. The best part about parfaits is that you can customize them however you want; you can add whatever fruit you want and you could enhance the flavor with a flavored yogurt. You might have thought that the granola remains the same but this is another way to enjoy your favorite snack.
- 1 C granola
- 1 C greek yogurt
- 1 C sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Combine granola, coconut oil, and honey.
- Spread the mixture onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325º for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Starting with a layer of yogurt, pour over a layer of the toasted granola then top it off with berries. Depending on how shallow your cup is, layer as much as needed.