The Yummiest Granola & Strawberry Yogurt Bark
I am proud to say that for the first time in my life I have made a healthy recipe. I know...it is shocking that a sugar obsessed foodie like myself was able to create a healthy snack. However, I felt like I had to do it for myself and others out there who are trying to lead a healthier lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up cookies anytime soon. Many of us are working hard to keep our resolutions but I think what makes keeping the goal difficult is when we try to make an extreme lifestyle change overnight. I believe we have to ease ourselves, mentally and physically, to make these changes. What has worked for me is slowly implementing healthier snack options during the day and eventually choosing an apple over a cookie will be an easier choice.
The obvious snack option for me was granola. I sprinkle it on my oatmeal in the morning and it makes a berry parfait that much better. Something I really like about granola is its versatility, there's so much you can do with it to make it fit your taste. The recipe I'm sharing is a perfect example of that, it's like an ice cream bar minus all the sugar. I had seen recipes for yogurt bark before, and I always thought they looked yummy but never considered trying it. However, the new me attempting to be healthier decided this would be amazing and I was not disappointed. Again, the granola added to the greatness of this yummy snack. For this recipe, I used the french vanilla granola made by Sweet Home Farm. The variety of flavor options Sweet Home Farm provides is amazing and I can't wait to try out more recipes.
- 1 Cup Granola
- 24 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 2 Tbs Honey
- Mix yogurt and honey until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the yogurt in a 9 x 13" pan lined with wax paper. Make sure the yogurt is spread evenly in the pan so the thickness is consistent.
- Sprinkle the granola and strawberries over the yogurt and press lightly.
- Freeze until completely frozen.
- Remove from freezer and cut into slices or break into small chunks.
- Enjoy your healthy snack and store the leftovers in a freezer safe container.