The BEST Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
This post would have probably made more sense around Valentine's day but what can I say...I am a rebel. Just kidding I'm no rebel but I am definitely a procrastinator. I made these for my friends in celebration of Galentines day and they turned out amazing! When I first made them I was mainly excited about the fact that they would be pink, I didn't care much about the flavor...until I tasted it. I thought to myself, "Why is this the first time I'm having flavored Rice Krispie treats?". The strawberry flavor makes a world of difference. If you are already a fan of these gooey treats then you will love these. I chose to make them heart shaped again, this obviously doesn't affect the taste but they're pretty dang cute. These are as easy to make as normal Rice Krispie treats, there's just one extra step, which adds the color and flavor, that might surprise you. Continue below to learn what the special ingredient is...
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 10 Oz Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 Pkg Strawberry Jello
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Takes , Serves 4.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add in the bag of Marshmallows but leave out 1/3 cup to add to the mix later. Stir gently as the marshmallows melt.
- Add Vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour half the packet of the Jello package into the mixture and stir. (Watch the mixture magically turn pink)
- Stir until Marshmallows are completely melted then remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies one cup at a time. (The first time I made Rice Krispie treats I added all 6 cups at the same time and it was a disaster)
- Add 1/3 cup of marshmallows to the mixture. This is how you get those awesome pockets of gooey Marshmallow goodness.
- Scoop mixture into 9 x 13 pan lined with wax paper. This makes clean up much easier.
- Let the mixture cool then cut into desired shape.