Yummy Sweet Potato Pie
I was recently on a mission to buy a sweet potato pie and unfortunately I couldn't find any so I was going to give up on ever eating a sweet potato pie ever again. Then it hit me and I thought, "This is something I can make, I have two hands and an oven". Baking has always intimidated me so this was an exciting but scary decision. So I looked up recipes and I went to the grocery store and bought all the ingredients needed. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of the whole process, mainly the short preparation. I now feel the need to share this recipe with everyone, and to let you all know that if you want to start making pies sweet potato is the way to go. You can wow all your friends and family at your next thanksgiving dinner.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 Frozen pie shell ( One day, I'll make my own pie crust)
- 2 Cups boiled and mashed sweet potatoes
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter at room temp.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes and butter thoroughly. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until the filling is smooth and fluffy.
3. Pour the filling in the pie shell. Bake until crust is golden brown which takes about 45 minutes.
4. Let it cool for about an hour before you dig in.
5. Eat & Enjoy!
Style & Forks