5 Must Have Fall/Winter Coats
Something odd is happening with the weather in Chicago right now. It is mid fall and the it's strangely warm outside. I could have gotten away with wearing a dress today which is just odd. I don't trust it and I expect the chilly winds to be back next week. So I decided to start searching for new coats and I must admit I'm a bit late for this search. My must haves are listed below.
Hope you enjoy!
1. There are amazing design elements in this coat, and my favorite is the color blocking. It actually reminds me of a Mondrian painting which makes me love it even more. This coat is a twist on the classic camel coat and it would make a lovely addition to any closet.
2. I'm obsessed with the shape of this jacket. This oversized wool blend coat has a beautiful menswear inspired silhouette. I love the cozy feel of the faux fur trim, which can be removed if you're not in the mood for a fur trim.
3. This is the perfect everyday coat. Its wide lapels give it an expensive and classic feel. However, when worn open, the coat becomes more casual. Lastly, the contrast between the lapel and the body is a perfect addition to the already beautiful coat.
4. Anyone who lives in a cold climate understands the importance of a warm parka. This coat has all the essentials of a warm winter coat; a hood with a fur trim, a padded lining, proper butt coverage and pockets. I also love that this coat has a drawstring waist. Sometimes heavier coats can look too boxy but the drawstring helps enhance the waistline.
5. I must admit the main reason I chose this coat is because of the color (My new obsession with pink is taking over). However, I'm also obsessed with the simplicity of the jacket. It has a universally flattering shape and it's a wool blend so it's also serves it will also keep you warm.
Style & Forks