Easy No-Bake Healthy Brownies
If you are a hard-core brownie lover but also worry about all the refined sugar and extra fat, worry no more because I am here to help. I am introducing you to a healthy alternative for traditional brownies. There's no added sugar, fat or dairy, but it is so fudgy and rich that the word "decadent" won't do it justice.
I am a fan of simple and easy recipes so when there's a way to whip up a delicious and healthy treat in 15 mins, I had to try it. This recipe is inspired by a no-bake brownie recipe by Hot Chocolate Hits. I adapted it to fit my tasting.
The ingredients are simple: cocoa powder, pitted dates, salt, peanut butter, and almonds. And you only need a food processor or blender and parchment paper to pull this off.
- 3 Tbs of Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbs Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 12 Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- A pinch of salt. (Don’t’ forget this pinch of salt, it brings out the chocolate flavor!)
- Mix all ingredients in the blender. The dates and peanut butter should be enough to hold everything together. The amount of dates needed may vary. You can put in a small amount at the beginning and gradually add more. When you can't see any chunks of dates in the mixture, and it is a little bit sticky, it is ready. It's OK to have almond chunks. To be honest, they actually add a nice crunch to texture,
- Transfer the mixture to your parchment paper, and press it into a square.
- Cut it into small pieces, and you are done! You can also pop them into the fridge to harden them if you prefer chewy goodies.
Now, I can't say that these treats are so easy on the calories that you can eat all you want, but they are more healthy than your average brownie, be it homemade or store-bought. The real bonus is that they are made of all natural ingredients. The dates are sweet enough on their own and they are a good source of fiber. Nuts and nut butter provide good fat. If you are using natural peanut butter there’s also no extra sugar, and it adds creaminess like you wouldn't believe. The "danger" of overeating is real because these are so good that you will be tempted by a second, or third serving.
I hope you enjoy these delicious treats as much as I did.