Easy Coconut Macaroons with Chocolate
I recently stumbled upon a recipe for coconut macaroons that I must share. I love coconuts and chocolate so I obviously had to try it. I am not great at baking and I usually never get a recipe correct on the first try but this recipe is so easy that I actually succeeded. Fortunately, not only did I succeed on the first try but they were extremely yummy. They are perfectly toasted on the outside and chewy on the inside.
- 14 Oz. Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbls Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Combine water, salt and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil while stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat when fully dissolved.
- In a large bowl, stir hot syrup and shredded coconut until fully combined.
- Cool mixture for 20 minutes.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla until thick and foamy.
- Gently fold egg white mixture into cooled coconut mixture.
- Use a small spoon to scoop out the coconut mixture, about the size of golf balls. Space the scoops about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips until melted.
- Dip cooled macaroons in melted chocolate then drizzle extra chocolate on top.
- Store in airtight container to avoid stale macaroons.
Hope you enjoy!
Style & Forks