Coconut Jello Cubes: Summertime In One Bite
Being a foodie, my Instagram feed is filled with glorious food pictures that can make anyone drool. As summer settles in, I keep seeing all of these colorful, fruity, boozy Jell-O recipes. It's no wonder they are so popular right now. They are easy to make, served cold to battle that summer heat, and more importantly, they are fun! So I thought, why don't I share my coconut cube recipe that would be perfect for a tropical-themed party. This recipe is super simple and has only 5 ingredients. These goodies are cool and smooth just like your typical Jell-O, but are also rich with a yummy coconut flavor.
1 can (5.3oz) of Coconut Cream
1 cup of Milk/Coconut Milk/Nut Milk
1/2 cup of Sugar
1 envelope of Gelatin Powder
Shredded Coconut (as much as needed to coat the Jell-O cubes)
For the 21+ crowd, add coconut flavored rum or vodka into the mixture and we have a party!
- Mix the coconut cream and milk on the stove over low heat. Then add the sugar, stir till all of the ingredients are dissolved, which should be fairly quick. There is no need to bring the mixture to a boil because we only want to warm it up so that the gelatin won't set too quickly.
- Add gelatin and mix immediately.
- Remove from heat and pour into a container. Let cool and set. In my experience, 3 hours in the fridge is usually enough.
- Once it is set, remove it from the container and cut into little cubes.
- Coat the cubes with shredded coconuts, and they are ready to serve!