Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
I am so excited to share that I have finally perfected my banana bread recipe. Yes, I have been working on this for a while now (years). This process involved a lot of trial and error, but it was so worth it. My previous attempts either turned too dry or they simply weren't good. Eventually I learned that the ripeness of the bananas were much more important than I anticipated. I was using all kinds of bananas before but now know that it is extremely important for the bananas to be ripe (VERY RIPE, basically black). Ripe bananas are sweeter a produce a better flavor for the bread. I first tried two bananas but that was too dry, four bananas were too moist and three was the perfect amount. The last addition to the recipe was chocolate chips and I must say that took it to the next level. I am so happy to finally share this recipe with you all and I hope you enjoy it!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add eggs and bananas and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes. If beginning to brown to quickly, loosely tent with foil.
- Watch for browning while baking.
- Poke with toothpick and if there is batter on the toothpick continue baking.
- Allow bread to cool completely before removing from loaf pan to serve.
Style & Forks