Beauty Guide: A Warm Look For a Cold Month
This is an upgraded version of my day-to-day makeup. I tend to go for a somewhat natural look rather than, Instagram-y. It’s that even a word? This look featuring a warm soft smoky eye and berry lips is inspired by the beautiful e.l.f. products. Since it's February and love is in the air, I will play around with pinkish hues.
For my eyes, I used the e.l.f. Mad for Matte 2 Eyeshadow Palette. For the lips, used the e.l.f. Velvet Matte Lipstick in Deep Burgundy. I was pleasantly surprised with how good the lipstick was. Usually, drugstore makeup doesn’t many lipstick options in deep shades. This particular e.l.f. matte lipstick was highly pigmented, didn't leave my lips dry and had a long lasting effect. It creates a beautiful deep vampy color. However, you can also wear just a thin layer, like I did, and you will get this nice berry color. Continue reading to learn how to fulfill your very own warm look.
These are the colors I will use. This palette’s color selection gives me so much room for mix & match. Just with one glance, I can come up with at least 3 makeup looks. Now that is a what you want in a worthy palette.
1. I start by applying the lightest color (1) all over my eyelid as a base. Then I use a denser brush to pat this bright orange color (2) right in the middle of my eyelids (where my pupils would be).
2. With the same brush, I pat the deep brown color (3) at the outer corner of my eyes. Don’t worry about the shape or blending, that comes next. Right now, I look like a clown haha.
3. Then comes blending. I like blending from the outer corner inwards so that the color won’t go beyond crease and all the way to my eyebrow.
4. To bring this makeup look together, I fill the inner corner of my eyes with the lightest color (1) for a highlight. Under the eye, I used a peachy color (4) to match the orange. Finally, I used a pointed brush to dab some matte black at the outer corner for some more definition and it also elongates my eyes.
5. That’s it for the eyeshadow! Throw in your usual eyeliner and mascara and your eye look is complete.
I’m sure you know how to put on lipstick, so I won’t elaborate on that. But for lighter layers, I just run my finger on the lips immediately after applying so that it smooths out and wipes out the intensity of the color.
I hope this tutorial gives you some inspiration for your Galentine’s/Valentine’s Day. Have fun!