Easy DIY Safety Pin Shirt
A couple years ago I worked on a project called twisted fil, which involved shirts with various designs made with safety pins. I definitely forgot about the shirts because I may or may not have given up on the project (don't judge me, I was lazy back then). Fortunately, I found the photos from the project on my computer realized I could make another fun DIY post. Although making the shirts can take a bit of patience (depending on the design), they are very easy to make. This actually started out as a DIY project for me, then it evolved into something bigger. The possibilities are endless with this shirt, so get ready to do it yourself!
- Safety Pins
- Sharp Fabric Scissors
- T-shirt (I used Hanes 100% cotton crew necks)
- Fabric Chalk (or anything that won't permanently stain fabric)
- Draw out the desired design with the chalk. Straight lines are much easier ad should probably be used for your first attempt. These will be the guiding lines when the cutting begins
- Cut two inches into the drawn lines. DO NOT cut the entire strip out at once, this will make it very difficult to line up both sides of the designs while pinning.
- Begin pinning the cut out, I like to space them about half an inch apart. Continue cutting the strip two inches at a time. Repeat this step until the design is complete.
All done! Yep, that's it, three simple step. The last step is to wear it and style it however you want. Below are images of more shirt designs.
Hope you enjoyed the DIY, please feel free to comment below with any questions.
Style & Forks